Ford makes things very interesting ~ Cricket Blog - THE COMMENTARY BOX



Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ford makes things very interesting

So one day Graham Ford says about the Indian coaching job -
"This is the biggest job in world cricket - there's nothing bigger than this and if I have to land it and retire after a stint with this country - whose players are outstanding and who have a core of really world class stars, supporters who are passionate about the game and in a country that lives the game - then I would have achieved everything a cricket coach would want"
and less than a week later he says -
"After careful consideration, I have decided to continue my work here at Kent. This has been a really difficult decision. I am honoured that India have shown such interest in my capabilities, but feel that this is the right decision for me and my family."
And by doing that Graham Ford has turned a major part of the BCCI's plans, efforts and decisions taken so far into useless trash. And now what lies ahead is a very interesting and intriguing task for the BCCI and the coach selection committee. They have chucked out Dav Whatmore and John Emburey, as I had mentioned earlier, is not at all a genuine contender. So will the committee eat humble pie and request for Dav Whatmore's services once again after having haughtily refused them the first time? Or will John Emburey, comically, emerge the unlikely winner? If not any of the two then who is the alternative? Interesting times ahead. Stay tuned!

No comments: