Back to square one ~ Cricket Blog - THE COMMENTARY BOX



Saturday, June 9, 2007

Back to square one


Aw! Just when I thought the West Indies were doing well and had recovered from their 2nd test drubbing dealt out by England, they have faltered again. So its back to square one again.

Of course I did fear this would happen, but the romantic in me still thought Gayle or someone would come up with a neat knock resulting in a first innings lead for the Caribbeans. But that was not to be. The batsmen, except Chanderpaul, just couldn't sort things out. Undone by Sidebottom and Panesar.

And now the English batsmen are turning it on. At 263/3, as I am typing, and a total lead of 404 runs and with 2 days to go, an unassailable 2-0 lead for England is well and truly on the cards. Luckily for the West Indies, Kevin Pietersen got out hit wicket when his helmet fell onto the stumps. He was playing coolly and calmly and I was expecting him open up anytime.

No comments: